Beacon Health Options
Job Category: IT: Web Develop/Design
Req #: WEBDE02840
Schedule: Full Time
Location: VA – Ashburn
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is seeking a dynamic Web Developer III to join our team in Ashburn, VA, Boston MA, or Miami, FL. The Web Developer III will assist in software development and maintenance of the current product suite by participating actively in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The incumbent should be knowledgeable of n-tier architectures, have a strong Java Web Development experience background, and have experience working with analysts, developers and managers as part of project development.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including helping finalize functional specification(s), articulating and implementing scalable designs and providing deployment support.
- Design, develop/debug and unit/integration test programs in Java 6 or higher SE/EE and ensure all code written is cross browser compliant.
- Mentor junior developers in getting up to speed with the applications and perform peer code reviews as needed.
- Expected to remain conversant with newer web programming technologies and be prepared to undergo training in said technologies as circumstances dictate.
- Measure, review and forecast project status and remediate project risks by actively working with the project team. Expected to take a primary role in addressing project challenges that affect software development by escalating appropriately.
- Education:S. degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience required
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years experience Programming
- 5+ years experience withJava and Web related technologies
- 5+ years experience in working with DB2 UDB or other relational or hierarchical databases
- Certification:Java certification preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in Java 5/6 or higher versions of SE/EE, EJB3.x, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, WebSphere or any other Java EE server
- Experience withSQL
- Experience with JQuery, Ajax, CSS, Angular Frameworks
- Working knowledge of Spring Data, Spring Boot or Bootstrap a plus
- Working knowledge of an ESB tool such as WSO2 or MuleSoft ESB
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide junior resources with advancing projects of varying complexity
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Web Developer III – Ashburn, Virginia