Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For:Friendly folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination, play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude, then you’re ready to join our team. If you’re dream job includes working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work, rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits : Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account employer match as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Timber & Torch Restaurant is looking for an Executive Chef. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a sous chef capacity at a hotel, restaurant or equivalent with prior management experience (required), Serve Safe certification, and the drive to run our new signature restaurant at the base of Steamboat Ski & Resort!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Abide by and ensure all outlets/departments compliance with established health and safety procedures as well as department/and company policies & procedures
• Properly store food and equipment in correct and allotted areas
• Plan and develop with Resort Executive Chef menus for outlets and all specialty menus to research, develop, modify and test recipes
• Supervise, staff, coordinate and participate in the daily operations of assigned restaurant kitchen facilities
• Assist Resort Executive Chef in the supervision of kitchen staff regarding food handling, including: rotation and sanitation
• Support Resort Culinary Management team in supervisory role as manager on duty when necessary
• Open and close kitchens according to schedule/guidelines/assignments. Assist in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
• Supervise and coordinate food, supply, equipment, and inventory control purchasing for operations. Coordinate food and menu costing (COGS). Work directly with purchasing agent on par levels and supply management
• Work with outlet chefs on staffing needs and labor control
• Oversee or directly supervise all food preparation, quantify and production activities
• Conduct training as determined by management
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in sous chef capacity at a hotel, restaurant, or equivalent as a Banquet or Restaurant Chef required
• Broad and in-depth professional knowledge and skills in food preparation, cooking and presentation; good knife handling skills and knowledge of food and its characteristics, especially its shelf life expiration
• Prior management experience required
• Good planning, administrative and supervisory and math skills, and budget management experience required
• Can deal effectively with a variety of company personnel and outside vendors
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required, as well as Food Trak is preferred
• Serve Safe Certification, or willingness to attain certification upon hire or Serv Safe Instructor or plus trainers certification (may be acquired in 1st three months of position)
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards.
• Problem-solve in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers.
• Be a consistent role model for company’s Service Excellence standards
• Must lift and carry approximately 50 lbs. (i.e. a sack of potatoes or stacked supplies)
• Must stand for long periods of time or walk for up to six hours.
• The senses of taste and smell are used frequently, the use of hands and arms for periods of up to six hours, peripheral, color, and depth vision are essential.
• Must handle operation of knives
• Read, write, and speak fluently in English. Spanish a plus.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• This is a salaried position not subject to overtime
• • Resume and Cover Letter are required with online application to be considered for this position
• This position will require working weekends and holidays as scheduled
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Timber & Torch Executive Chef – Year Round – Full Time – Craig, Colorado