Job ID: 24
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
St. Louis, MO
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
- Responsible for repairing, refurbishing and cleaning of Sterile Containers under supervision of lead.
- Principal Duties Responsibilities:
- Buffs, Polishes, grinds, and performs repairs on Sterile Containers and accessories.
- Surface treatment
- Red-wheeling and bead blasting as needed
- Evaluate, adjust and test instrumentation
- Maintains daily work log
- Successful completion of all required ISO train – SOP training as outlined in career path guide
- Cleans work area daily
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Support instrument repairs as assigned
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties as assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School Diploma.
- Six months refurbishing experience preferred.
- Previous experience with machining or handling of delicate metal instruments is desirable.
- Successful completion of Technician, Container Basic Repair training schedule requirements preferred. Including but not limited to the following:
- Pass quality inspection
- Demonstrate how to find the applicable inspection instructions
- Identify and list on the worksheet the applicable test materials
- Identify and list on the worksheet the appropriate equipment and tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at ..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Technician, Container – Hazelwood, Missouri