Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 14624
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit .
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sterile Processing Clerk is responsible for performing the responsibilities of instrument cleaning, processing, and sterilization in accordance with manufacturer recommendations; maintain appropriate logs to meet regulatory and sterilization standards.
- Cleans and assembles instrument trays for sterilization
- Sorts, wraps packages and appropriately labels instruments and supplies
- Makes substitutions for damaged and missing instruments
- Sterilizes supplies via autoclave following manufacturer’s and facility standards
- Checks sterile items for expiration dates and rotates stock
- Reports lost instruments to supervisor
- Observes appropriate standards for cleaning and sterilizing contaminated items
- Monitors autoclaves for proper temperature and working order and reports any malfunctions to supervisor and/or representatives responsible for service and maintenance
- Certification in sterile processing
- 2 years’ experience as a sterile processing technician
- Ability to work within the team
- Physical stamina required
- Good communication skills
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sterile Processing Coordinator (FT) – Texas Health Surgery Center Chis – Fort Worth, Texas