The Tactical Communication Systems Department within the Raytheon Intelligence and Space Systems, Systems Engineering Center is involved throughout the life cycle of our products, from Systems Design to Production and Sustainment support for the Tactical Communication Systems business area. This team, based at Aberdeen Proving Ground, has an immediate need for its production and sustainment group that supports our Manufacturing center located in Largo Florida. All of our Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) products solutions for air defense, air control, and self-protection missions in airborne and ground applications are produced at the Largo facility.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Senior System Engineer II to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be part of the IFF sustainment team located at Aberdeen Proving Ground and work closely with the manufacturing team supporting various production initiatives and resolving issues. The candidate will interact directly with engineering leadership, factory leadership, manufacturing and test engineering, supply chain, mission assurance and other key functions to help support the sustainment of systems post-development.
As a Senior Systems Engineer II, you will work closely with program managers, chief engineers/IPT leads, and the manufacturing team, in support of the production and sustainment of our IFF products and engaging with the engineering design. Must be effective at communicating and building trust with management and customers. The successful candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team’s products and behaviors, while ensuring program execution to plan. General supervision is received from a designated supervisor. Guidance received relates primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements. May provide functional guidance to less experienced engineers or exercise occasional functional supervision over technicians and clerical assistants.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in a manufacturing or sustainment type organization
* Demonstrated experience working within a structured Engineering process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
* Ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software, manufacturing and logistics engineers
* Technical leadership experience
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date and will require the ability to access to US only data systems
* Background and competency in manufacturing and sustainment support
* Working experience with the development of Military equipment
* Knowledge of IPDS
* Knowledge of EVMS, IMS, & IMP tools for managing programs
* Strong MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word skills
* Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development and risk and opportunity management
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation} and ability to effectively communicate with leadership
* Strong team building, leadership and motivational skills
* Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
* Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Sr Systems Engineer II – Millington, Maryland