Sr. System Administrator
Colorado Springs, CO
The Sr Systems Administrator will provide critical system administration support to the software development and ancillary laboratory environments supporting the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
* Operate, maintain, and manage Linux systems supporting a software development environment
* Overall day-to-day operations, system security, and availability of a Linux environment.
* Respond appropriately to any security incidents discovered in the system or directed by program security
* Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux based servers, applications and workstations
* Create and maintain Linux server documentation
* Create and maintain Linux system administration processes and procedures using Ansible playbooks
* Ensure all Linux based systems have the appropriate patches installed includes but is not limited to, security, applications and OS Ensure all Linux based systems are running current versions of antivirus software with current virus definition files
* Create, manage and maintain security groups and user accounts
* Monitor, manage and maintain storage systems and devices
* Create and maintain Linux server images
* Recommend system enhancements, including but not limited to, servers, applications, storage, processes and procedures
* Linux system administration
* System Security Implementations
* Linux shell scripting
* Ansible playbook development and management
* Security-Enhanced (SE) Linux and Red Hat repository administration
* Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliance via Ansible, Multi-Factor Authentication implementation, OpenShift, OpenStack, Multi Factor Authentication, NetApp OnTap, VMware ESXI, QAS/VAS, Windows, Active Directory, HP Onboard Administrator configuration/management, Backup and Recovery, Linux certifications, Red Hat Certified Expert (RHCE).
* Strong technical skills supporting a Linux environment including server setup, deployment and maintenance
* Understanding of DISA STIG requirements and implementation of system hardening for DoD compliance
* Technical documentation skills
* Active/Current Secret Clearance
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
* DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Sr. System Administrator – Fountain, Colorado