The Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department contributes to the success of Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles of some of the RMD’s most rapidly transportable world class radar, missile, command & control, and homeland defense systems.
The candidate will be responsible for developing new capability, maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. The SW application is built on a Linux/UNIX platform, utilizing mainly C++/JAVA programming languages.
The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
There are travel opportunities available to support the systems Integration at various customer sites.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as within one year of employment.
* Work on all phases Software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
* Converting software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code, and analysis of software defects
* Support generation of documentation to include: software development folders, design presentations, and problem reports
* Integration of software from multiple SW IPTs
* Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
* Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make SW/Systems improvement recommendations
* Able to travel periodically to support integration sites
* 2+ years of overall experience in a SW Development or SW Integration role
* At a Grade 07, 2+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas, along with relevant masters degree may be considered for this job.
* Proficient using Unix or Linux Operating Systems & prior C++ or JAVA programming experience
* US Citizenship is required
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or other STEM field.
* Prior SCRUM/Agile Development experience
* Familiarity with the following SW Tools: Rational Tool Concert (RTC), ClearCase, DOORS, MATLAB, Jenkins, Google Test
* Command and Control, Radar or Weapons system, Cyber Security domain knowledge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Software Engineer – Integration, C++, Java – Marlborough, Massachusetts