Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
If you really like working outdoors and ensuring a long season for Steamboat Ski & Resort, please consider joining the Snowmaking team! Will be expected to ride snowmobiles with one year of snowmaking experience preferred. Position starts October 21st.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Responsible for positioning equipment and monitoring machine-made snow
• Job requires working outdoors in extreme cold, wind, snow, wet, night time and uneven terrain
• Lifting, dragging heavy hoses and snow guns, snowmobiles, and snow shoveling
• Use of snowmobiles as transportation in adverse weather and terrain
• Hearing test required post job offer
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Operate a snowmobile under adverse weather and terrain conditions
• Handle high pressure snowmaking guns and hoses
• One-year snowmaking experience preferred
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• Frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Walk, bend over and move equipment on steep and uneven terrain
• Withstand extreme cold and wet weather conditions
• Employee must ski or snowboard at a minimum intermediate level
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet insurability standards
• Days worked are: 4 days on and 3 days off alternating with 3 days on and 4 days off the next week
• Each shift is 12 hour shifts
• Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment may be contingent on passing an on-snow assessment
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Snowmaking Gunrunner 1 – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Craig, Colorado