Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Description: Exchange Platform – Sr Developer
The most important thing to us about you is that you have a passion for working on cool stuff. And can work well with cool people. We love the energy shown in your projects (and those side projects you do, ‘just for you’). And we love that you can get in a room with amazing developers and learn, teach, contribute and grow. Our Agile, collaborative approach is important to everyone at CDK.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN AUSTIN OR SAN JOSE
• Drive the Platform design/implementation working in close collaboration with the appropriate software development leadership, EA, Product and Business.
• Bring in strong perspective and collaborative partnership environment that leads change and motivates engineers to design systems for today, but enable the flexibility, robustness in the system so that it can survive in an ever changing environment.
• Balance the need for rapid change, rigor around systems and architectural concerns.
• Implement practices that supports rapid development of platform without compromising the quality.
• Ensure delivery of the requirements on time with quality.
• Should be hands on development and capable of coaching other engineers on the team.
Who you are
• You possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
• You have the ability to pass on the knowledge and design to team members in a way they are able to understand it so they can complete the work efficiently.
• You have the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
• You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management.
• You have the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer oriented environment.
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
• Ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing them.
• Work in an Agile environment and deliver value in sprints of 2 week
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Expert level knowledge in Node.js
• Experience with modern web UI frameworks (i.e. React).
• Experience with AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, IAM)
• Experience with Git, Atlassian stack
• Experience with Terraform, Splunk, monitoring and alerting systems
• Experience with Okta, OAuth and other authentication schemes
• Familiar with API testing framework
• Familiar with Selenium framework
• Experience with OpenAPI Spec
• Experience with OAuth 2.0 flows
• Bonus if you have experience with: Experience with Apigee
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Senior Software (Platform) Engineer (Austin OR San Jose) – San Jose, California