You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Hartford’s Shared Commercial IT team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer. You will act as the Lead Developer for systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. You will be responsible for technical delivery of complex system design and development activities for a given assignment. You must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will be expected to display strong leadership skills and have experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision. You will need to work with varying types of web applications so will have multiple opportunities to learn and grow in our environment.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, various stakeholders and fellow developers to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
- Design and develop solutions that are scalable, easily maintainable and easy to use.
- Estimate work effort throughout different phases of a project.
- Interpret business requirements into a technical design.
- Define, document, and present technical design.
- Identify, document and communicate technical risks, issues and alternative solutions discovered during project.
- Create, document and execute unit and integration testing.
- Direct and check the work of other team members.
- Assist with development of User Acceptance test plans and test cases.
- Must be authorized to work in the Untied States without sponsorship, now and in the future.
- 5+ year experience in .NET building middle-tier solutions.
- Strong Knowledge in OOP, SOA, and Design pattern concepts related to web application development, system processing, batch processing.
- Strong experience with SQL language.
- Experience working with XML including Stylesheet Transformations and Schema definitions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Developer – ID07FE
Senior Software Engineer – .NET – Danbury, Connecticut