The Sr. Product Manager is directly responsible for defining the vision and building roadmaps around a specific product suite within the MetaMetrics product line. This person will work directly with customers as well as internal stakeholders from function such as Sales, Marketing, Research, Development, and other members of the Product Management team to develop and deliver on product strategy. The Sr. Product Manager must know their customers deeply through customer engagement and continually gather and analyze data and then collaborate closely with UI/UX to design solutions that delight customers and ensure market-driven products.
We are looking for someone who is a problem solver and innovator who can serve as a leader and contribute to the overall department’s success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Delivers on the product portfolio’s vision and communicates it to relevant stakeholders
• Implements a strategy that delivers on the path to realizing the vision
• Supports the product agile development plan from story creation to requirements definition
• Captures and documents product requirements
• Adopts testing, concept development, market research, and UX design
• Executes on the commercialization and productization of their product portfolio
• Measures and reports on results
• Contributes to performance metrics
• Creates and delivers product training
• Performs other duties as assigned
The position will be remote through 2021 due to the pandemic, at which time the location will be re-evaluated.
• None, this position provides support only in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS in a related field (e.g. business, education, marketing, measurement) or 5-7 years of comparable work experience, strong knowledge of product and portfolio management, preferably in educational software, experience with Scrum and Jira, or a similar SDLC management tool, and ability to demonstrate skills and concepts necessary for this role.
Proficient in Office applications, basic knowledge of Internet navigation and search utilities, excellent typing, and word processing skills, high degree of comfort and ability for computer system and network navigation, knowledge of how to create, search for, copy, move, rename, and change file types, knowledge of how to transport and save information across different formats.
Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze problems/issues, diving deep when needed.
• Strong sense of timeliness and deadlines; ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently to meet such deadlines.
Senior Product Manager – Durham, North Carolina