Do you want to protect our nation’s weapons systems against the cyber threat?
Would you consider yourself a “non-standard thinker” fascinated by systems and cyber security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
Are other people inspired to perform better when they work with you?
If you answered yes to the above and you are considered a leader with keen knowledge in your engineering discipline, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missiles & Defense may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense is looking for highly motivated systems engineers interested in developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on Embedded weapons systems.
The position requires strong systems engineering and leadership skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support.
The position is in the Systems Design & Architecture Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Systems Technology Center, Strategic & Naval Systems & Air & Land Warfare Systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as you must be able to obtain an active DoD Security Clearance.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Principal Engineer for Systems Security Engineering provides technical leadership for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual with a proven track record in developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This senior technical engineer will assess multiple candidate security solutions for “best fit” with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for leading the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
- Lead implementation of SSE into Raytheon Missiles & Defense products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Provide leadership for developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Pursuit and capture of new business initiatives in the SSE area
- Educate Raytheon Missiles & Defense and customers alike in SSE
- Plan SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in the fields such as computer technology, reverse engineering, AT, Cybersecurity or the like
- Extensive experience in design, development and fielding of Systems Security Engineering (SSE) systems for military applications: “relevant experience” is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Leadership in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- US Citizenship is required
Desired Experience & Skills :
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Extensive experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Senior Principal Systems Security Engr – Arizona