Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sanitation Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the plant sanitation and food safety programs. Maintains sanitation and Food Safety procedures, policies, and training.
Essential Job Duties
* Responsible for the sanitation department’s chemical usage and safety training. Maintains training and safety certifications required by Snyder’s-Lance and/or by state or other governmental bodies.
* Builds the team by developing hourly sanitation associates and sanitation coordinator.
* Provides appropriate leadership to ensure compliance with industry and internal food safety / sanitation standards, as well as FDA, and/or other state and local Food Safety regulatory agencies.
* Manages the facility’s custodial and waste removal service.
* Manages responsibilities across multiple shifts.
* Responsible for ordering cleaning supplies and chemicals as needed.
* Maintains a cost effective Sanitation budget.
* Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
* Partners with production personnel in developing sanitary procedures, training, and auditing tools.
* Directs cleaning of equipment, facilities, and all work areas in conjunction with other departments.
* Manages the internal sanitation audit program.
* Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation issues and Food Safety; recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
* Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
* Studies production schedules and estimates hours required by associate to complete job assignment.
* Reviews company policies with associates and enforces safety regulations.
* Works with production, maintenance, and other departments to assure that Snyder’s-Lance meets the appropriate sanitation and Food Safety requirements while assuring the most efficient work flow and the lowest cost.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists associates in solving work problems.
* Partners with and helps other supervisors to coordinate activities of all departments.
* Documents Pre-Start up conditions and follow though actions.
* Coaches associates on job performance, expectations and safety issues.
* Performs other tasks/duties as assigned or required.
Scope of Responsibility
* Works closely with the Quality Assurance/Sanitation Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Direct reports for this position include all Sanitation associates.
* Minimum 5 years of Sanitation/Food Safety experience preferably in a Food Production setting or Bachelors Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience preferred.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively present information to groups via department meetings and email communications.
* Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices and industry standard cleaning procedures; knowledge of HACCP, allergens and pest control required. Attention to detail and a sense of urgency in matters of food safety required. Basic knowledge of the function and operation of sanitation equipment required.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
* The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and using the phone.
* The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office areas but loud in the plant (hearing protection required). The work environment may be hot, dirty, dusty, damp or wet at times. May be required to work outdoors at times.
* Minimal travel required; approximately 10%.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Sanitation Supervisor – Charlotte, North Carolina