Sales Specialist II, Neurosurgery
Job ID: 27
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Responsible for contributing to the Company’s strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service through the sale of Aesculap products to targeted accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned territory. Aids in exceeding established sales objectives.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Calls on current customers and prospects; provides technical, marketing, and administrative product information and demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices using online quoting system. Particular focus on both contracted and non contracted accounts performing Neuro and or Spine surgery, spending approximately 80% of work time meeting with them – usually in a hospital operating room setting.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with Company policy, and acts as liaison between customer and Neuro Business Unit, Customer Service, and Credit departments at Aesculap.
- Remains informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers; monitors and gathers information on competitive activity.
- Develops relationships with surgeons, hospital staff, and other appropriate personnel within Target accounts.
- Maintains account records and reports activities and submits as required by the Company.
- Manages and submits sales expenses in accordance with budget and company policy.
- Monitors, gathers, and submits information on competitor activity to manager.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Effectively manages personal sales sample inventory and ensure Setworld product is returned in a timely manner per company SOP.
- Attends training sessions as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport. Requires excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point, and word processing desirable.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability: Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- B.A./B.S. required; preferrably in business/marketing or biological/physiological sciences.
- At minimum two years of previous sales experience, preferably in the healthcare or business to business setting.
- Account management skills, which include problem solving, customer relations, and budgeting activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at ..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Sales Specialist II, Neurosurgery – Los Angeles, California