Buckeye Power Sales is a Growth-Oriented Company Seeking an Applications Engineer for our Power Systems Division!
If You Are Seeking:
- Daily Challenges
- Ownership of Your Role
- A Friendly Team Environment
- A Place to Work that feels like Family
And You Are:
- Seeking Constant Improvement
- Motivated by Results
Then We Have the Opportunity for You!
Our Applications Engineers are responsible for:
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks. Assists in developing technical specifications, implementing designs, and delivering high performance, low-cost equipment or system results integrated with customers’ solutions.
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Assess power needs to ensure electrical loading and sizing parameters are accurately defined.
- Perform calculations for sizing circuit breakers, cables and disconnects.
- Assist sales team, project managers, and project coordinators with design issues.
- Review vendor drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used in construction and equipment installation.
- Assist consulting engineers for project designs and specifications on mechanical / electrical systems.
- Act as in-house technical resource and travel to other consulting engineer’s offices and jobsites as needed.
- Promote BPS, Kohler, and Kohler branded systems in an effective and professional manner.
- Conduct Engineering and Contractor presentations.
- Promote and train Kohler Power Solutions Software.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Attend business functions, such as trade shows and conferences as a guest and/or presenter.
Buckeye Power Sales offers a great benefit package for our Applications Engineer’s including:
- Competitive pay with Commission
- Regular day shift hours
- Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company Paid STD/LTD/Life, AND MORE)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental Bonding, Jury Duty, Bereavement, Volunteer)
To Find More Reasons You Want to Work for Us at Buckeye Power Sales, visit:
- YouTube: Buckeye Power Sales
- Facebook: Buckeye Power Sales
- LinkedIn: Buckeye Power Sales
- Twitter: BuckeyePowerSls
Salary is based on skills and experience.
** Military Friendly, DFWP, EOE
Applications Engineer Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Prior experience in electrical power systems preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with proficiency in English.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- First rate customer service skills.
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Clean driving record; insurable with the company insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass a background check and periodic drug screens.
Sales Applications Engineer – Romeoville, Illinois