SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a RN Manager PACU / Outpatient Surgery today with Tulane Medical Center .
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated RN Manager like you to be a part of our team.
- Oversees and directly supervises all department areas and Charge Nurses, including interviewing, coaching, counseling, orientation, training and evaluation within established guidelines.
- Serves as a nursing role model and resource to staff, demonstrating support of the nursing practice model, standards of nursing practice and clinical outcomes.
- Monitors the day to day operations of assigned department staff, reacting effectively and efficiently to unplanned circumstances, demands and challenges facing the department to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Demonstrates expertise in hospital and department processes and keeps staff updated by remaining current with hospital and department guidelines, federal, state, regulatory & other governing policies, procedures or guidelines.
- Coordinates the departmental staff performance and improvement process including the preparation, analysis and submission of required reports.
- Updates and improves the department processes and workflow.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external relating to Department and Hospital Service
- Current Louisiana RN licensure
- BLS, ACLS certification required. PALS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of clinical practice experience in the following areas: PACU/Outpatient Surgery
- CPAN/CNOR certification and membership in professional organization preferred.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospitalby Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
RN Manager PACU/Outpatient Surgery – New Orleans, Louisiana