Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Contribute to the safety of the Steamboat’s employees while interacting with and coaching all of our diverse departments across the mountain. Two years of administrative experience required.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Subject Matter Expert for Workers Compensation and OSHA standards
• Responsible for entry and administration of all workers compensation claims from initial opening to close, providing accident reports and other administrative tasks as assigned.
• Visit all operation centers to provide hands-on assistance in identifying possible areas of exposure to our guests, employees and vendors, and work with management to address where possible
• Work with all departments to establish specific safety training needs, and facilitate where possible
• Assist with workers compensation and guest incident investigation
• Assist with the coordination of safety and wellness programs
• Assist legal counsel representing SSRC with regards to GL claims as needed
• Facilitate education of new safety policies and procedures and technologies with user groups.
• Assist with department training and other programs as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Minimum associates degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years in an administrative role preferred
• Two years previous ski area operations experience preferred
• Risk management and/or compliance experience preferred
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must have valid driver’s license, and have ability to meet company insurability standards
• Possess the highest levels of personal and professional integrity and honesty, is capable of managing and handling material of confidential nature; understand and comply with company and corporate policies and procedures
• Possess strong multi-tasking and time-management skills and can see projects through to completion
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme winter conditions
• Ability to ski or ride at minimum intermediate level, on variable terrain, often in inclement weather
• May include climbing, lifting, pushing, balancing, kneeling, sitting, standing, etc.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, professional and tactful manner
• Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and orally
• This is an hourly position and is subject to overtime pay
• Position is required to work weekends, and holidays, as needed
• Must successfully pass a background check
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Risk & Safety Coordinator – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Walden, Colorado