The Medical Group strives every day to consistently deliver on the Health System patient service promise of Don t Harm Me, Help Me and Be Nice to Me . The Regional Manager (RM) reports to a Regional Director (RD) for their territory. The RM is at the front line of upholding these principles as they oversee the operations of multiple assigned practice locations. The RM supervises practice site business and clinical functions including front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure a safe, and compassionate experience for our patients and their families as well as a supportive and productive practice environment for our providers and staff. The RM ensures optimal utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services. The RM is also responsible for making sure their assigned practice sites are in compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations.
* Works collaboratively with and supports the RD to ensure timely and efficient onboarding of acquired practices, following up on action items and communicating findings to the appropriate team members.
* Develops, plans, and budgets on a strategic, tactical and operational level for and with each practice.
* Routinely reviews management reporting data to ensure operations is performing to budget and identifies ways to improve efficiency.
* Initiates processes/improvements communicating with VP, RD and practice site providers and staff.
* Identifies operating costs and operational capital budget needs in collaboration with providers and office managers. Completes ROI and justifications, submitting to RD and VP. Reviews monthly budget and identifies areas of cost saving.
* Schedules and uses staff appropriately across practice locations for optimal coverage whenever possible (vacations, sick etc.). Establishes monthly schedules for providers and staff.
* Tracks and evaluates on a regular basis scheduling, practice revenues, staff competencies and training.
* Communicates and coordinates with HR including payroll, orientation of staff and delivery of employee handbook and policies. Oversees payroll in accordance with company policy. Follows disciplinary process in accordance with HR policy and procedures. Performs annual staff performance evaluations. Looks for ways to improve patient, provider and staff engagement.
* Holds regular staff meetings for designated practices.
* Ensures quality measures are implemented and ongoing for assigned practices, track deficiencies and works collaboratively with Director of Quality to ensure compliance.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required, with an emphasis in Healthcare Administration preferred. Appropriate experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
* Critical thinking and analytical skills a must.
* 3-5 years of experience in group practice management of multiple locations.
* Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management.
* General knowledge of physician compensation models and contract terminology.
* Prior experience working in a clinical capacity is a plus.
* Microsoft Office Proficiency required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system (Health System) in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The Health System includes eleven adult acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, multi-site imaging centers, an accountable care organization and the Medical Group which is amongst the 20 largest in the nation.
The Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers (Providers). Medical Group Providers treat our patients with compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of the Health System our dedicated Providers and expertly trained support staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Regional Practice Manager (FT) – Medical Group – Southern Region – Oceanport, New Jersey