Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Ansys is working to expand the current range of applications of LS-DYNA and seeking a software engineer with knowledge of electromagnetics, coupled with other physics, such as structural mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermal and biology. The successful candidate will design, implement and maintain various desktop applications in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
The team is currently working on advancements in these areas of application:
* Magnetic metal forming/welding
* Inductive heating
* Rail gun
* Magnetic materials
* Battery abuse
* Cardiac electrophysiology
Future developments will depend on the customer demands, and may include:
* RF heating
* Development of the Electromagnetic module (EM) of the commercial finite element code LS-DYNA
* Work to investigate and create validation and benchmarking problems, as well as provision of corresponding training documentation
* Customer support related to the electromagnetics developments
* Presentation of the developments at conferences, or to customers during visits
Additionally, employees are encouraged to write papers for publishing in journals, although the primary functions are development and customer support.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years of professional experience
* In-depth knowledge of Computational Electromagnetics Applications
* Hands-on experience with handling complex geometries and meshing
* Experience with commercial Electromagnetic software offerings
* Basic Programming and Shell Scripting Skills in Fortran 77, Fortran 90, C, C++, MATLAB, Latex, MS office
* An understanding of Linux Operating Systems
* Self-motivation and an ability to work independently, as well as in a team
* A genuine interest in research and collaboration with academic institutions and industries
* Prior use of/ experience with LS-DYNA is a plus, but not required
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
R&D Engineer II – Livermore, California