The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is a dynamic service organization providing telecommunications and computing services to state and local government agencies within the state of West Virginia.
Work Location: Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting salary range is $60,000 to $68,000 and commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
The Programmer Analyst for Banner Finance is a unique position develops complex management reports, creates statewide interfaces, and manages crucial application data which directs West Virginia Higher Education universities, colleges, community and technical colleges, and the Higher Education Policy Commission to adhere to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) policies. The Programmer Analyst also leads in the development of the Banner Finance to the State of West Virginia Our Advanced Solution with Integrated Systems (WVOASIS) invoice, manual warrant, payroll, and purchase card interfaces which replace the Banner Finance to WVFIMS interfaces and the EPICS to Banner Finance payroll interface.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead statewide consulting services for Banner Finance modules Accounts Payable, Purchasing, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Fixed Assets. Lead statewide consulting services for the Banner Finance to the State of West Virginia Our Advanced Solution with Integrated Systems (WVOASIS) invoice, manual warrant, and purchase card interfaces. Lead statewide consulting services for the West Virginia Our Advanced Solution with Integrated Systems (WVOASIS) to Banner Finance payroll interface.
- Evaluate and develop complex management reports using ARGOS, SQL*Plus, or other software which can be conveniently processed by the user. Lead statewide technical employees in the development of finance reports and the functional employees in the processing and use of the developed reports. Create documentation as it relates to the reports developed.
- Lead in the development and management of the Banner Finance to the State of West Virginia Our Advanced Solution with Integrated Systems (WVOASIS) invoice, manual warrant, payroll, and purchase card interfaces and future WVOASIS and Banner Finance interfaces.
- Troubleshoot problems with Banner software, evaluating cause (user error, data errors, software defects, etc.) and recommend or provide solutions. Work with software vendors and employees when necessary to provide solutions.
- Perform testing, evaluation, and training on supported areas and provide technical and functional expertise for the successful daily operation of West Virginia Higher Education institutions. Assist with the implementation and testing of software upgrades.
- Organize and participate in knowledge distribution to West Virginia Higher Education institutions through statewide user groups, training sessions, and service on committees.
- Serve as additional support for Banner modules Student, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Aid which are not the primary coverage of the position. Provide additional support for member institutions during emergency situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A degree of computer science, mathematics, and related knowledge with a strong understanding of business and accounting.
- A strong technical background to fully master the software skills and database concepts required to provide the maximum level of support to the various institutions. This includes Oracle SQL, PROC, Python, and Shell Scripting.
- A strong business or accounting knowledge is necessary to assist functional users throughout West Virginia higher education.
- General knowledge of West Virginia and federal requirements as they pertain to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and institutions of higher education.
- The ability to effectively communicate with the customer utilizing verbal, written, and presentation skills is required.
- A knowledge of system development concepts and database management principals is required.
- Higher Education degree and experience = 2 years.
- SCT/Banner software experience = 2 years.
- WVAOSIS/ADVANTAGE software experience = 2 years.
- Consulting with users and technical personnel and utilizing the necessary tools to provide support = 2 years.
- Using Oracle based administrative software on VMS, Unix and Windows operating systems = 2 years.
- Client Server and networking experience = 1 year.
Starting salary range is $60,000 to $68,000 and commensurate with experience. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent benefits package which includes comprehensive health, retirement, and insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Send cover letter and resume to: (see below)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.
Programmer Analyst (Banner Finance) – West Virginia
Fill this form and Apply