SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is looking for a Program Analyst to join our team! As a Program Analyst, you will work as part of a team to conduct open-source research for, provide inputs to, and review reports that cover a wide spectrum of topics related to international infrastructure. This position may also require some data entry and development of maps or other graphics.
* Conduct research on a wide variety of topics (e.g. where a particular foreign company gets its revenue, a foreign country’s political structure, telecommunications infrastructure)
* Review technical reports for accuracy and consistency
* Communicate succinctly and clearly while meeting deadlines
* Balance deadlines for long-term projects with quick-turn tasking
Required Skills and Experience:
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to conduct online research
* Ability to analyze and manipulate data to derive insights and identify potential areas of interest
* Experience with MS Office
* Cover letter submitted with resume is required for consideration of this position (No more than 2 pages)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Experience analyzing international infrastructure (telecommunications, electric power, transportation, etc.)
* Experience with Geographic Information Systems
* Experience with data entry, database management, and/or data analysis software
* Preference will be given to candidates with basic computer programming skills (C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; (BS in an Engineering, Science, or Technical discipline preferred)
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret
Travel: Dahlgren Naval Base
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a fun place to work. We are a family of like-minded individuals who care for, support and encourage each other. We are here to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will do whatever it takes to ensure our customers are successful and happy with our results.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in it’s innovative and cutting edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who embody the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We always have a wide variety of challenging, meaningful problems to solve at SimVentions, which span the whole range of our six core disciplines.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
* The impact benefit – work on projects that directly impact the safety of our country
* The purpose benefit – be part of something bigger where our profits help the needy
* The co-worker benefit – work with the best and brightest people in the business
* The dress code benefit – business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work
* The healthcare benefits – one of the best packages in the industry
* The bacon benefit – if the CEO eats the last piece of bacon you get to blast him with Nerf darts
* The breakfast benefit – the “C’s” fix you breakfast once a year
* The food benefits – we have a lot of food around here
* On-site Chaplain and prayer room
* Lots of employee-appreciation events throughout the year
* Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
* Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
* SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
* Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
* What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Program Analyst – Fredericksburg, Virginia