A Production associate in the Blast chill area facilitates the proper chilling of cooked food products to ensure limits are met within HACCP regulations.
- Coordinate movement of prepared food from kitchen to production holding area
- Correctly weigh and label all finished product leaving Blast Chilling Area
- Consistently follow all food-related sanitation and operating safety guidelines including use of proper safety equipment
- Maintains clean, sanitary and orderly work area
- Assist with general cleaning tasks in the work area as appropriate
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours
- Be able to work in varying temperatures between 20-70 degrees
- Must have basic math skills including ability to read weight & measurement (pounds, ounces etc.)
- Shifts can include weekends and holidays and/or overtime as required
- Have a strong service orientation
- Be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Pass a post offer drug screen and background check
- Previous experience working on a line in a production environment
- Regularly required to use hands to feel, grab, or operate objects, tools, and controls while reaching with hands and arms
- Frequently is required to stand, communicate, and listen.
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual perception to perform job including peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Mom’s Meals, a Purfoods Company, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 20 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Purfoods/Mom’s Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Mom’s Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
Production Associate – Blast Chill – Grinnell, Iowa