Positioned at Publicis Groupe’s core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will be a part of an interdisciplinary team that creates stellar data- driven cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspects of a project. We process billions of events every day using Spark and variety of AWS Services including Kinesis, Lambdas, Athena, RDS, etc. We are building a new product offering which will require skills across the development stack from UI to Back End data storage & processing. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting fully cloud based solution and shape a new product area.
- 80% of time spent on actual coding, refactoring and improving our solution
- Contributing to the technical design and implementation of practical, maintainable project solutions
- Participating in design reviews and recommending improvements
- Providing support in all phases of SDLC
- Providing trainings and mentor other Engineers when required
- Collaborating with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing tasks within deadlines
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience with Java. Bonus if you have experience with Scala or Python.
- Knowledge of Big Data stack of technologies, including Hadoop and Spark
- A truly strong background in the computer science and general programming
- Strong understanding of software engineering methodologies such as functional programming, object-oriented design and functional design patterns
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems
- Experience working with large data sets or data driven applications
- Proficiency in Linux/MacOs environment as development platform
- Experience deploying and utilizing cloud-based services using AWS is a plus
- Solid Linux skills including Shell commands, Shell Scripting is a plus
- Solid experience in testing methodologies, test-driven design and the creation of effective and reliable test cases
- Excellent team skills
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Principal Software Engineer – Boston, Massachusetts