Principal IT/OT Systems Engineer
(Prncpl Sys Integration Technologist, G10, BC15)
Raytheon Missile Defense Digital Technology (RMD DT)
Engineering Lab Integration, Digital Business Infrastructure
Northeast US locations
Here at Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization (Now called Digital Technology or DT) ensures that RMD teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems.
The DT Digital Business Infrastructure team delivers shared infrastructure solutions and services to enable the transformation of the RMD business. Some of the specific missions for the DBI team related to this role include: To enable business transformation through Factory / Operational technology service integration & modernization, and Engineering Lab standardization and cyber hardening.
The IT/OT Systems Engineer is responsible for developing information system solutions, standards and best practices that evolve business and information architectures enabling Information Technology (IT), Operational Technology (OT).
This individual will collaborate and partner with a diverse cross-section of IT and Engineering stakeholders supporting RMD Engineering Laboratories designing solutions that help deliver critical IT capabilities to our customers worldwide. Working with Solutions Architects, you will be expected to design and deploy IT solutions for new or existing complex computer systems. You will work with Solutions Architects to determine system requirement, specifications, input/output processes, Cyber security compliance and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of Information System. You will be responsible for the design of subsystems and integration of total systems and you be required to assist in identifying, analyzing, and resolving program IT support deficiencies developing and recommending corrective actions where needed. You will assign projects and activities to team members, manage team performance, provide the team with technical guidance, and review and provide feedback on team developed design related products.
This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills, extensive industry and technical experience, as is the ability to develop and leverage a broad network of technologists within and outside of the RMD Community (including Enterprise Services), and the supplier community.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Provide technical leadership to team members
* Prepare and submit periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership
* Design, implement, test, document, and integrates system solutions into existing or new RMD Information Systems
* Establish functional and technical specifications, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of an entire system or subsystem
* Responsible for the design and deployment of complex heterogeneous server, virtualization, and Hyperconverged infrastructures within Engineering Laboratory Information Systems
* Support the development of and adherence to IT standards and processes
* Support Solutions Architecture in conducting Analysis of Alternatives, Courses of Actions, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments on IT products and services
* Design and deploy beneficial IT technology to improve execution, efficiency, and capability within existing Information Systems.
* Ensure the technical integrity of existing and future design solutions
* Collaborate across technical disciplines to resolve top priority program issues
* Leverage Corporate IT Secure design solutions for collaborative networks both domestically and internationally, including Import / Export and ITAR/EAR solutions
Please note that this position will need a U.S. Dept. of Defense Secret Security Clearance. If the selected applicant does not have an active clearance, they will be required to apply for and obtain on within one year of start date. Except in rare cases, only U.S. Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security Clearances.
This role can be located in one of several Northeast US RMD locations: Andover, Tewksbury, Woburn, Marlborough, MA; or Portsmouth, RI. If the selected applicant requires relocation to be close to one of these sites (lives outside of our Northeast region), capped budget relocation support is available if they are eligible per company policy. Budget amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of our process.
* 8+ years of professional technology experience
* Experience successfully managing and leading technical teams in operationally demanding environments
* Demonstrated experience with the systems engineering lifecycle
* Experience in system design development and engaging project stakeholders to design system solutions for multi-level classified and unclassified Information Systems
* Possess strong technical skills across multiple IT disciplines such as: cloud enabling technologies (Hyperconverged systems, virtualization, automation, scripting), compute, storage, encryption, cyber security, etc
* Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment and TCP/IP concepts
* Knowledge in the development of system design products and artifacts related to the designing and deploying of IT solutions
* Working knowledge of best practices in system security as it pertains to IT solutions
* Experience providing guidance, coaching and training to team members
* IT solution design development and integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (compute, storage and network), platforms and enterprise software applications
* Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined teams to achieve a common technical solution
* Working knowledge of thin/zero client virtual desktop infrastructure technologies
* IT Security compliance process based on the Risk Management Framework
* Security+ certification or willingness to obtain it
* Superior written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience working with and presenting to senior business leadership
* Innovative and strategic approach to problem solving
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), Information Systems, or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Principal IT/OT Systems Integration Engineer (Cyber Compliance) – Sandown, New Hampshire