Location: Morristown, New Jersey, , United States
Position Title: Physician, Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease
Company Name: Atlantic Health System
Physician, Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease
We seek a Pediatric Infection Diseases Physician to join our team. The position will offer the opportunity to fulfill clinical, administrative and educational duties along with the ability to participate in research and community outreach.
- Provide direct outpatient care, consultation and follow up care, to pediatric ID patients at Atlantic Health System hospitals and any related satellite facilities.
- Participate in inpatient consults and admissions for patients with pediatric ID needs. Work collaboratively with physicians in pediatric critical care, the inpatient floor, pediatric emergency department and other pediatric specialty areas.
- Participate in multidisciplinary programs in Pediatrics.
- Provide on-call coverage of Pediatric ID service on an equitably divided basis.
- Provide timely communication with referring and collaborating physicians.
- Ensure Clinical Quality related to Pediatric ID
- Participate in Pediatric Infection Control for Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
- Participate in antibiotic stewardship for pediatrics.
- Maintain compliance with JCAFIP and DOH requirements.
- Participate in third party reimbursement plans as required by the Hospital and provide all necessary documentation for the purpose of billing for services rendered.
- Document clinical care in a clear, concise, legible and timely fashion.
- Submit all bills for outpatient and inpatient work in an accurate and timely manner to the AMG billing department.
- Attend pediatric department and general pediatric divisional meetings.
- Participate in hospital and system committees related to infection control.
- Participate in the medical education process. Insure that teaching of Pediatric ID, as required by the Residency Review Committee of the American Board of Pediatrics is provided for residents and medical students.
- Give didactic lectures in Pediatric ID.
- Present periodic Grand Rounds.
- Participate in continuing medical education courses, as appropriate.
- The Physician shall participate in community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned to the Physician by AMG leadership and/or the Hospital’s President
- Identify and encourage possible research projects with residents.
- Participate in outcomes research relevant to divisional activities.
Outreach and Marketing:
- Assist through personal, one-on-one communication with the pediatric community o Present Grand Rounds at neighboring institutions.
- Participate in expansion of Pediatric ID services across AHS.
- Participate in other departmental outreach activities.
Goryeb Children’s Hospital is an 86,000 square foot facility attached to Morristown Medical Center (2020-21 USNWR #1 NJ Hospital) with facilities at Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and 4 other subspecialty satellite locations. With over 250 pediatricians and 100 pediatric subspecialists from 22 different specialty areas, we offer comprehensive pediatric services. An independent pediatric residency training program exists with 38 residents, medical students on regular rotation, and status as a regional campus of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
For the last 12 years, Atlantic Health System has been ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 best companies to work for. It is the only health care system in NJ on the top 100 list and it is the top-ranked NJ based company on the list. This is a great team to join.
Interested in learning more?
Please call Amber Almeida at or email
Physician, Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease – Morristown, New Jersey