We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Dell Children’s Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time Day
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
At Ascension, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor – Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence – Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity – Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom – Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity – Courageous Innovation. Dedication – Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- Preferred 2 years experience
- Preferred experience in ICU
- Preferred experience with Pediatrics
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Pediatric Registered Respiratory Therapy – Austin, Texas