We Are Hiring
Looking fo an enthusiastic and compassionate Patient Care Tech with a drive to improve the lives of others for one of our medical surgical unit at Holy Family Medical Center in Des Plaines. Full time nights,12 hour shifts, 7p-7:30a. Hours are scheduled with rotation into every other weekends and rotation into holidays. All of our patient rooms are private rooms, we have electronic badge system for rounding, standardized uniform color. We have ventilator patients who require suctioning. Join our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus through the care we provide our patients and their families. Through our Med Surg unit you will be able to care for a variety of different patients and learn every day, while working along a great team. We offer competitive benefits along with a Sign-on Bonus of $3,000 for those qualified candidates.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension. AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
You will work under the supervision of RN to deliver quality patient care. Assisting with blood glucose, vital signs, bathing, ambulating, hourly rounding, turning, feeding, admitting patients to room, preparing patients for discharge and any other duties delegated by the RN.
- Aids with admission and discharging of patients.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities.
- Taking and reporting vitals and point of care testing.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Nursing student who has completed on semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required
- C.N.A certification highly preferred.
- Experience preferred.
This role is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and subject to the term. Current and former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
PCT- Patient Care Technician- Med Surg Unit- Full-Time- Nights – Des Plaines, Illinois