We Are Hiring
Looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Patient Safety Sitters for one of our Nursing Administration Department PRN/Registry rotating shifts with Holiday and weekend requirements within Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston. Saint Francis Hospital is a nationally recognized, full-service teaching hospital with all private rooms and a Level I Trauma Center. AMITA Health Saint Francis has been designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, placing it in the top seven percent of U.S. hospitals for nursing excellence. As home to the first Chest Pain Center on Chicago’s north shore and a Primary Stroke Center certified by the Joint Commission, AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital has a rich history of providing top quality care and leading edge technologies in collaboration with its 430-physician medical staff.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient monitoring activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and reports as appropriate.
- Records all observations.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI).
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Patient Safety Attendant – Registry – Rotating – Evanston, Illinois