This position is responsible for obtaining all reauthorizations for active patients and will help perform eligibility checks for ongoing patients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Helps perform eligibility checks for ongoing patients
- Follow specific tasks as outlined in computer workflow software.
- Enter information accurately and timely
- Print out and assemble documents and fax to appropriate persons.
- Contact physician offices via fax and/or phone
- Contact insurance offices via fax and/or phone to obtain authorization
- Monitor all tasks using workflow software and meet the deadlines associated with tasks.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency and morale within the office
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Hopebridge philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Attend weekly meetings and training as requested
- Maintain a clear criminal record
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Attitude toward Others
- Commitment to the Job
- Customer Service Skills
- Time Management
- Handling Stress
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Salesforce experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Outpatient Authorization Specialist – Indianapolis, Indiana