Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing skilled care to patients requiring occupational therapy services to patients in the home, in conjunction with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team, as ordered by the physician. The OT will be responsible for clinical outcomes as well as industry benchmarks.
1. Provide, coordinate and oversee skilled intermittent care to patients and include instruction and education of patients and/or caregivers to promote maximal functional status, in the patient’s home.
2. Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates patient status.
3. Initiates, develops, implements and revises the patient’s plan of care (POC).
4. Addresses all problems identified in the POC.
5. Provides educational information to the patient/family/caregiver concerning knowledge deficits or needs regarding the patient’s condition.
6. Communicates with other disciplines involved in the case as warranted.
7. Reports signs/symptoms signaling a change in patient condition to the patient’s physician and case manager as needed.
8. Reassesses the patient within 48 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24-hour or longer hospital stay, or as ordered by the physician.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•Current OT licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in Washington State
•Recent applicable clinical experience in a medical/ surgical unit, rehab, or home health setting.
•Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
•Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapist – Home Health (40hrs/wk) – Kent, Washington