BOS Medical Staffing is looking for an Occupational Health Nurse to be based in Covington, GA this position will perform COVID-19 Risk Assessment, Preplacement Occupational Health Assessments, and provide support for all aspects of Occupational Health programs and functions for all domestic locations. Hours for this position are flexible and will be facility-based work.
- Work within all Occupational Health Services (OHS) programs and functions to fully support Client Operations, HR and EHS functions, to include coordination with Client’ s contracted doctor who also serves as the Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Adhere to Client OHS policies and procedures, interacting on a frequent basis with Corp HR and HR & Safety Coordinators at all locations.
- Performs Risk Assessment for COVID-19 Response.
- Perform Occupational Health Assessments (Fitness for Duty (FFD) evaluations, etc.)
- Complete PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) 3-Yr Vision Test program.
- Work with all local medical clinics utilized by Client, to include ensuring Client’ s OHS policies and procedures are effectively communicated and followed with outcomes that are consistent with client expectations.
- Review and update Client Job Profile/Medical Assessment (JP/MA) documentation, which specifies the specific physical requirements of each Client position.
- Reasonable Accommodations – Medical Consultations:
- Return to Work (RTW)
- Review, prepare and report all drug test (DT) results to all Client sites. Records drug test results to help assist with the preparation of monthly statistics of same. Investigate and prepare documentation regarding non-negative DT results and assist with MRO process as directed by OHS Manager.
- Conduct telephonic medication reviews consistent with the Client’ s Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- PPOHA- review red flags, determine if further assessment is needed
- Train HR reps on OHS procedures and best practices.
- Education: Minimum Licensed Practical Nursing Degree/RN Preferred
- 1 year of general nursing experience required with at least 1 year of nursing in an occupational setting preferred. Case management experience a plus.
Certificate / License:
- Current LPN/RN license in the state of practice required.
- Certifications in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) and Case Management (CCM) preferred.
Skills & Training:
- Experienced nurse clinician familiar with triage, evaluation, treatment, and case management of work and non-work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Experience with audiometric testing, alcohol and drug testing and specimen collection, OSHA medical surveillance programs, respiratory protection, emergency response, first-aid, bloodborne pathogens (BBP), and ergonomics preferred.
- Good oral & written communication skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office. Must be organized and possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work successfully as a team member.
- Must maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Occupational Healthcare LPN (Telehealth) – Covington, Georgia