SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Nurse Manager to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Nurse Manager (RN) – Operating Room
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
What will you do in the role?
• Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift. Provides direction to non-professional nursing personnel in providing direct patient care.
• Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
• Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when on duty.
• Demonstrates professionalism and support administrative decision making, always mindful to maintain a positive stance on hospital changes and initiatives.
• Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
• Graduate from an accredited program for Nursing is required. Bachelor’s Degree is required.
What qualifications you will need:
• Minimum of 3 years current/recent OR experience required.
•1 year of previous Operating Room leadership experience preferred.
• Current TX Licensure as an RN.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• CNOR preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Nurse Manager (RN) – Operating Room – Brownsville, Texas