We Are Hiring
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory Therapy 001 – Full-Time,Night – St. Vincent Women’s Hospital – Indianapolis,IN
Shift: 6p to 6:30a. Rotating weekends/holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent’s more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women’s health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Respiratory Therapist in the St. Vincent Women’s NICU, you will work in the only women’s medical hospital in Indiana to provide both a family-centered Level IV NICU and Level IV Obstetrics department in one facility that includes a high-risk labor and delivery unit. You will be providing best-in-care-practices to a newborn experiencing prematurity, a birth defect or the critically ill neonate.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Indiana Respiratory Care Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
- Preferred: 2 years in at a minimum a Level 3 NICU
- RRT & NRP
Equal Employment Opportunity
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work
NICU Registered Respiratory Therapist – Indianapolis, Indiana