Applied Signal Technology is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Anaheim Hills and Sunnyvale, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
This particular position can be staffed in Anaheim Hills, CA or Annapolis Junction, MD
We are currently seeking a Network Administrator with a background in networking to support multiple programs. In this role, you will work with other experienced members to schedule and perform network maintenance and to install and configure new equipment. You will support applications, routers, firewalls, VOIP and Ethernet technology and support certification and accreditation activities. You will document and report your activities and produce briefings and presentation materials for team members, customers, and AST management.
* Minimum of 4 years of practical experience in network support and administration
* Experience with design, development, securing and testing of networking and computer systems of high complexity
* Experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, and switching
* Experience administering CANS/WANS/LANS/VLANS.
* Experience with protocols and network troubleshooting
* Experience designing network topologies and configuring and hardening routers and other network equipment
* Experience with Ansible or Playbooks for server orchestration
* Existing Secret clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
* Experience with network operations centers
* Experience in developing software in C/C++, Java, Python or other scripting languages
* Experience with identifying vulnerabilities of and attacks to the design and operation of a system
* Demonstrated ability capturing, analyzing, and interpreting raw network traffic
* Experience with analyzing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
* Demonstrated ability recognizing protocol weaknesses and trust model vulnerabilities
* Existing Top Secret (TS) Clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education (including major): Associates Degree, Computer Science, Computer Information, or related field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Network Support Administrator – Chino Hills, California