Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Want to work on the longest mountain coaster in North America? What about the opportunity to ski in Steamboat’s famous Champagne powder snow? If you are comfortable working outside in all conditions-apply today!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Perform daily inspections for Mountain Coaster.
- Daily set up, including snow removal for Mountain Coaster and Climbing Wall.
- Operate, when open, the Mountain Coaster.
- Ticket and line management, scan tickets and control line flow, provide excellent guest communication always
- Additional snow removal as required, removing snow from mountain coaster track and surrounding areas
- Close and store all equipment properly for Mountain Coaster and Climbing Wall
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education for this job:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous guest service experience preferred
- Must adhere to all safety policies
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures
- Previous experience with activities (i.e. mountain coaster, bungee trampoline, climbing wall, etc.) a plus
- Must have basic computer skills for operation of mountain coaster and hand-held ticket scanning devices
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp’s Service Excellence standards
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must communicate safety procedures clearly and effectively in English
- Must work outside in all weather conditions (heat, snow, cold, sun, and inclement weather conditions)
- Must lift 50 lbs, performing moderate to strenuous physical activity with lots of shoveling, lifting, twisting, and turning.
- Must stand for long periods of time, be comfortable at heights; walk track of Mountain Coaster and climb Climbing Wall as needed
- Must have good hand/eye coordination
- This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
- Position requires working weekends, nights, and holidays as needed
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mountain Coaster Operator – Winter Seasonal – Full/Part Time – Phippsburg, Colorado