Microsoft Systems . Dallas, Texas
For over three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
Align seeks a knowledgeable and motivated Microsoft Systems Administrator to join our growing Managed Services team. The ideal candidate will have about 5 years or relevant experience and a good background with the the Azure stack. Experience administering, implementing and supporting distributed systems is required. Solid Microsoft server administration experience is required. Microsoft (MCSA) certification is a plus. This position is responsible for support and maintenance of distributed systems, servers and workstations. This role will work with the Managed Service team to provide L3 support and act as an escalation point for the IT Service Desk. This person will focus on advanced support of Office 365, Microsoft 365 and Azure. They will occasionally help with client on boarding such as technical assessments and day two / white glove VIP support, and training of new clients. This role will primarily focus on O365 and Azure administration and support, as well as L3 technical escalation for the IT Service Desk.
- This is a full-time position offering comprehensive benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and progressive bonuses
- This position will be based out of our Dallas, Texas office but will require work to be performed at client locations as needed
- The primary focus of this role will be day-to-day systems administration and advanced troubleshooting of Microsoft distributed systems (Office 365, Microsoft 365, Azure), as well as some project support
- Work closely with and learn from Azure Cloud Engineers and Architects
- Act as technical escalation resource (L3) for IT Service Desk s taff
- Administer Windows Server 2012/R2/2016
- Administer Office 365, including administering and troubleshooting Azure MFA
- Administer Citrix XenApp for desktop and application deployment
- Respond to post-project technical support calls that are escalated from Level 2 or Level 3 NOC center
- Solve problems related to installation, implementation, maintenance and operations of hardware and software and related infrastructure components
- Perform direct follow-up with clients regarding remediation where appropriate
- Interface with other elements of the client support structure including tracking client issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure
- Document all policies, procedures and standards around the build and continuing operation of servers and systems
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline is desired
- Four to seven years of in-depth support experience and a solid general understanding of Microsoft Windows Architecture – SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory (AD), Office 365 (O365) and Exchange
- Experience implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting core Windows infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Certificate Services, etc.
- Azure experience such as: virtual machine provisioning, AD Connect, Hybrid Set Up with Azure AD, and Access Management
- Solid Office 365 / Microsoft 365 management and configuration experience
- Experience using Intune to manage end points
- Experience supporting Active Directory in a multi-site environment
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/R2/2016
- Experience administering Office 365
- Experience administering Exchange Online including mail flow rules and retention policies
- Experience administering Azure AD including Conditional Access
- Experience administering Microsoft Cloud App Security (primarily around responding to and configuring alerts)
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Azure MFA
- Experience with administering Citrix XenApp for desktop and application deployment
- Experience managing servers in large corporate environments including security, security policy compliance and exception processes
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Cisco, Dell, IBM, HP, Blades)
- General understanding of supporting technologies: TCP/IP, IIS, DHCP/DNS, Anti-Virus, systems management, optimization tuning and high-availability configurations (Microsoft Clustering, etc.)
- Experience with documentation for system builds, configurations and support procedures
- Current Microsoft certification is a plus
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit .
Microsoft Systems Administrator, MSP exp preferred – Dallas, Texas