Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – Care Mgmt
Req #: MENTA02919
Schedule: Full Time
Location: GA – Woodstock
Beacon Care Services is excited to partner with Walmart on the launch of the first-ever Walmart Health centers in Woodstock, GA. We will be part of an interdisciplinary practice including primary care and other health services, working together to deliver high quality, accessible, and affordable healthcare to consumers. Our services will include individual, couples, family, and group counseling to address mild to moderate mental health issues.
For more information on this unique opportunity to increase access to behavioral health care, check out-
Beacon Care Services is seekinga LicensedMental Health Therapist (LCSW/LPC)to provide direct client counseling in a unique health care setting. Beacon Care Services is a group outpatient practice providing services to a wide array of mental health and behavioral health needs.This unique opportunity offers the chance to build a diverse client base through the connection to other service providers within the retail clinic. The clinician will provide assessments, referrals, triage, treatment, and make referrals as appropriate.
This is an excellent opportunity for career growth; it is the first program in a new venture that has the extreme potential for collaboration and integration Applicants must be comfortable working within a diverse cultural and interdisciplinary environment where a balance of autonomy and team-work is important.
- Formulate independent psychosocial diagnosis
- Partner with clients to develop person-centered treatment plans
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using outcomes and evidence-based techniques such as solution focused treatment, behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate
- Coordinate with other clinicians, psychologists within Beacon Care Services, the primary care clinic and with other service providers to support a holistic and integrated approach to care.
- Systematically track treatment response and monitors clients (in person or virtually) for progress towards treatment goals and objectives.
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance abuse disorders, when appropriate
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation)
- Extensive knowledge of community resources/services
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting
- Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology for common mental health disorders that is within appropriate scope of practice
- Strong orientation to a person-centered experience of care and integrated and collaborative care models
- Knowledge and experience using management information systems, including EMR, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Word and Excel experience preferred)
Education: Master’s Degree in a behavioral health-related field and licensure as health professional is required.
Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia state license in a mental health field Ph.D, Psy.D. or LCSW required
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in a behavioral health setting/managed care experience. Outpatient care with brief solution focused training strongly preferred. Experience in chronic disease management and health promotion preferred. Experience treating children and adolescents preferred
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well-being incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Mental Health Therapist – Woodstock, Georgia