Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical – Care Mgmt
Req #: PARTT02793
Schedule: Full Time
Location: CA – Sacramento
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a ‘world-class’ candidate experience from the moment you click ‘Apply’! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking aMental Health Therapist to join our team based remotely in the state of California.
The Mental Health Therapist (MHT) will work with individuals demonstrating mild to moderate behavioral health conditions and to support them through their recovery process. The therapist will provide assessments, referrals, triage, and treatment. The therapist will be responsible for delivering short term, solution focused, counseling sessions with appropriate evidence based interventions. The MHT will complete all documentation in a comprehensive and timely manner, congruent with policies.
The MHT will be responsible to build a diverse patient base through the connections within the organization and others on the team. The MHT will be familiar with and comfortable making additional referrals to other community services. This role will also assume responsibility for the business operations of the program. i.e. responsible for the day-to-day administration of the practice including awareness of scheduling, proficiency with necessary technology to provide counseling services, and ability to complete all required documentation.
What does a typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to develop person-centered treatment plans
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance abuse disorders, when appropriate
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation
- Systematically track treatment response and monitors clients (in person or virtually) for progress towards treatment goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships within the community
- Participation in health and wellness activities within the community or with the organization to build and maintain relationships.
- Involvement with the associate programs to increase awareness of behavioral health services
- Extensive knowledge of community resources/services
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting
- Ability to complete all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner, including but not limited to, treatment plans, assessments, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Weekly supervision with Vice President of Clinical Services as well as group supervision as needed
What you Contribute?
Education:Master’s Degree in a behavioral health-related field and licensure as health professional is required.
Licensure:Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State of California in a mental health field (Ph.D., LCSW/LMSW, LPC, etc.).
Work Experience:Minimum of three (3) years experience in office management and/or client services, minimum of one (1) year experience working in an outpatient healthcare setting, experience with a practice management system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years behavioral healthcare experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well-being incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate’s data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Mental Health Therapist – Sacramento, California