Enjoy a fast and exciting work environment at Community Health Centers, Inc. In this opportunity, you will be responsible for taking care of our wonderful CHC Patients.
General Scope of Responsibilities will include (not all-inclusive):
- Check patients in and out in an orderly and timely manner, assuring that all patient information is complete and accurate and patients are treated courteously.
- Performs new patient registration, including setting up new patient charts and determining eligibility; also, enters updates on all patient master file information.
- Collects patient fees at time of service, writes receipts and safeguards all money kept in the clinic.
- Performs end-of-day procedures, including balancing of the cash drawer, balancing with Medical Manager and the receipt log; prepares the bank deposit.
- Performs Medical Records duties when the need arises.
- Attends monthly clinic and organizational meetings as requested.
- Assists patients and interacts with billing office on patient billing questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Types 45 wpm
- Training and/or experience on various office machines: computer CRT, 10-Key adding machine, photocopier, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the public.
- Ability to demonstrate high emotional intelligence when interacting with patients with an intended purpose to understand their needs
- Ability to relate well with physicians and other clinic staff; must be able to work together as a team.
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish/English) Required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Medical Office experience preferred.
Medical Receptionist – Salt Lake City, Utah