Perform clinical laboratory examinations, proficiency testing, quality control, professional consultation, instrument maintenance and validation, testing validation, and testing management.
- Associate in Science or Applied Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology required.
- MLT (ASCP or ASCPI) certification required within 12 months of employment and maintained throughout.
- Perform waived, moderate, and highly complex analytic processes (for which competency has been validated) in each section of the laboratory (including limited Microbiology) with the supervision of a Medical Technologist. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of such testing.
- After proper instruction, must be able to operate any laboratory instrumentation and perform any required procedure.
- Calibrate laboratory instruments to ensure accuracy of test results.
- Perform periodic maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Perform quality control procedures as specified in SOPs and maintain quality control records necessary for accrediting agencies and quality assurance indicators.
- Prepare, label and perform QC on lab reagents.
- Evaluate and resolve problems related to specimen collection, preparation and analysis.
- Utilize academic, technical, and clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise.
- Participate in or perform special projects as assigned by the laboratory manager.
- Enters and reports results in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Perform internal and external proficiency testing.
- Maintain inventory levels and monitor supplies.
- Occasional clerical duties and phlebotomy duties may also be assigned as warranted.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Medical Lab Technician – Lincoln, Illinois