SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services as a Manager (RN) in Emergency Room
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount , employee stock purchase and student loan repayment programs . We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds, a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services. For more information, visit .
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit .
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast – Pasadena, TX
Manager (RN) – Emergency Room
What you will do in this role:
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the facility
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees, patients, families, and physicians
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon the nursing process assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and treatment.
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply management and Point of Use Compliance.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- BSN is required.
- At least 5 years of Emergency Department experience with 2 years management experience within the Emergency Department preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Manager (RN) Emergency Room – Pasadena, Texas