Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
As part of the Lift Operations staff, you will be involved in several aspects of our mountain operations. This position is very important to the overall operation of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation as you will be heavily involved in the safe transportation of guests up to our 2,965 skiable acres. Apply if you love the outdoors, a fast pace and getting people excited about Champagne Powder®!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Guest service – greeting, welcoming, and providing information to our guests (verbally, message boards, weather, conditions, etc.)
- Efficient and safe operation of the lifts
- Appearance at the lift areas (maintenance of the lift houses, snow on the ramps and in the maze, employee appearance, trash removal)
- Knowledge of assigned lift(s) machinery (control system, braking system, auxiliary unit)
- Inspections of the lifts and areas
- Complete required logsheets daily and other documents as needed
- Control and organize guests in the maze
- Refuse transportation to those without tickets or intoxicated individuals
- Slow or stop lift for adverse weather conditions or to avoid accidents
- Familiarity with special mountain events
- Knowledge of emergency plans; evacuation, fire, lift incident, lightning, unexplained stops, serious injuries, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Adhering to all Covid-19 regulations set by Colorado and Routt County
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Must be authorized to work in the US or have a valid work permit
- The skill to complete snow grooming, much like landscaping
- Deal with conflict and difficult situations in a busy environment
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
- Compliance with all company policies, safety and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Shovel, scoop and rake snow
- Stand for long periods of time
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Must maintain a professional well-groomed appearance
- Read, write, and communicate verbally in the English language
- Perform back and forth twisting motion required to load chairs or gondola cabins
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ski or snowboard experience is helpful but not required
- Steamboat Ski Area is Smoke Free
- These are hourly non-exempt positions and are subject to overtime pay
- Positions require working weekends and holidays as needed
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Lift Operator – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Walden, Colorado