Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
This is an Infrastructure Database Design and Administration position primarily (but not limited to) Oracle and PostgreSQL. Infrastructure Design Engineer (IE) is responsible for enterprise wide work initiatives, projects and provide solutions to CDK’s entire portfolio of products from mature to emerging technologies. The environment is dynamic and changes can be driven by technology advancements, Organizational objectives to improve efficiency and service levels via automation, enhancing business agility or effectively managing strategic mergers, acquisitions and spin offs.
This position requires technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, provide critical design and operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, ability to deliver results under time sensitive deadlines, great collaboration skills and solid understanding of multiple technologies.
LOCATION OPEN TO PORTLAND, OR/ AUSTIN, TX/ HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL
- Provide technical and consulting leadership in maintaining the database environments.
- Participates in planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Analyze business process application requirements to produce formal analysis and design documents with minimal supervision.
- Provide cost/time estimates, capacity planning of database environments.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Institutes process for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate new technology from time to time to benefit the applications or administer database.
- Reviews and certifies support documents.
- Host meetings, provide guidance and support to R&D/ DBA team.
- Assist on critical production issues, identify root cause and provide mitigation plan.
- Oversees conformance to departmental standards, meet audit and compliance processes and assist in collecting audit evidence as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education experience
- 10+ years of experience as Oracle DBA with RAC One Node, Multi-node RAC expertise.
- 3-5 years of experience as PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect on Linux environment.
- Hands-on experience in AWS cloud technologies such as AWS RDS, EC2, Amazon Aurora etc.
- Experience in Oracle database Upgrade and/or Migration to latest version of Oracle 18c/19c.
- Experience in Postgres Database Upgrade and/or Migration to latest version of Postgres 11.x/12.x on-premise and in Cloud.
- Hands-On Experience in Oracle 11g & 12C RAC Configurations, ASM Management, Disk addition/deletion/rebalancing.
- Experience on database High Availability and Disaster Recovery configurations, Active Data Guard, Postgres repmgr.
- Perform routine database administration work e.g. database installation, configuration, patching, monitor database health, performance tuning, backup/restore etc.
- Programming experience in Linux shell script, Python for Automation of routine database processes.
- Working knowledge MS SQL Server, Azure DB and MySQL.
- Experience using agile methodologies, Jira and other Atlassian products.
- Familiarity with ITIL process.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call or escalation support
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Lead Database Administrator (OR /TX/ IL) – Portland, Oregon