The Kettle Tender is responsible for the safe and efficient cooking of food products to be plated and delivered to our customers. This process includes monitoring temperatures and flavor checks prior to sign off.
- Set up work area and equipment for the day and ensure all ingredients are batched and organized
- Maintain a clean and efficient work station throughout the shift including use of proper PPE and safety equipment
- Perform water meter accuracy checks
- Ensure that all paperwork is complete and compliant including checking off ingredients as they are introduced in the kettle
- Monitor temperatures of product throughout cooking process
- Perform flavor checks and sign offs on all batches produced
- Perform shift handoff with oncoming shift
- Ensure that all applicable equipment is clean and damage free at the end of shift
- Must communicate any discrepancies in a timely manner
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Must have basic math skills including weights and measurement skills
- Must be able to read and understand water/steam gauges
- Be able to work in varying temperatures between 20-70 degrees
- Shifts can include weekends and holidays and/or overtime as required
- Have a strong service orientation
- Be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Pass a post offer drug screen and background check
- Previous experience in food manufacturing
- Previous experience working in a culinary role
- Regularly required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently is required to stand, talk, and listen.
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to perform repetitive movements
- Able to work in variable temperatures
Mom’s Meals, a PurFoods Company is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Mom’s Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Mom’s Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
Kettle Tender – North Jackson, Ohio