Do you enjoy sweeping, vacuuming floors, dusting, and cleaning to perfection? Do you like working independently and appreciate a spotless, sparkling showroom? Are you looking for a position that offers a steady schedule and benefits? If so, this may be the job for you!
Jordan’s Furniture is not your average employer. Our philosophy: make it fun! We have revolutionized the furniture shopping experience by providing “shoppertainment”, with stores that have IMAX theaters, restaurants, ice cream shops, ropes courses, and much more! Our recipe for success for the past 100 years has been simple and sincere- – treat our employees like family and they will treat our guests the same. It’s no surprise that our average employee tenure is over 10 years!
Thanks to our Housekeeping team, our showrooms and grounds are often complimented by our guests. As a Janitor you play a key part in that by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, dusting, sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, and cleaning windows. The ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform clean-up of all areas of the building including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and bathroom sanitization
* Remove garbage and recycling daily
* Handle emergency cleaning in a prompt manner
* High school diploma or GED required
* Ability to communicate clearly
* Experience in cleaning preferred but not required
* Strong attention to detail and able to work under minimal supervision
* Physically able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours per shift and lift up to 35 lbs. frequently
Happy, healthy employees are our goal, and our benefits help J-Team members balance physical, financial, professional, social and emotional well-being. Visit our benefits page for details.
Sound like the job for you? Apply today! Thank you for your time and interest.
Jordan’s Furniture is an equal opportunity employer
Janitor – Reading, Massachusetts