Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits : Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account employer match as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp
Lead our Facilities Maintenance Team at the Steamboat Grand Hotel. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the maintenance field and previous supervisory experience is required.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Reports to Engineering Director; performs as department lead in Director’s absence
• Provide a safe and secure environment for guests and employees
• Monitor and maintain life safety systems respond/resolve emergency situations
• Supervise FMS staff, assign work requests, training, hiring, performance management, scheduling
• Create and distribute preventive maintenance schedules including billing appropriate accounts.
• Manage Ultipro timekeeping systems for department, including hours worked, vacation and PTO for payroll
• Prepare reports for accounting, rooms, housekeeping, Fitness / Spa and engineering
• Track and issue hard keys and card keys, perform lock audits as required
• Order materials, equipment, and supplies, process invoices for approval
• Maintain pool and spas, clean and chemical balance, in the absence of CPO
• Inspect working areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used
• Resolve problems with building systems, repair and maintenance of physical plant areas.
• Resolving guest problems, adhering to the Company standards for guest service
• Continually monitor and improve preventive maintenance program; perform building maintenance as needed
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Read, write and communicate clearly in the English language
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maintenance field
• Prior supervisory experience required
• Large building maintenance experience strongly preferred.
• Work force management experience strongly preferred
• Commercial construction or facilities management experience preferred.
• Must be able deal effectively with a wide variety of company personnel and/or guests, clients and various outside firms and organizations.
• Must be competent with all computer applications and web-based software.
• Operating a vehicle could be a function of this position and will require the successful applicant to meet the minimum requirements of the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy that includes possessing a valid Driver’s License and meet insurability standards
• Problem solve in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers
• Be a consistent role model for company’s Service Excellence standards
• Ability to respond to emergency situations
• Able to lift approximately 50 lbs. on a recurring basis
• Able to perform assigned work, indoors or outdoors
• Able to sit and operate computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
• This is a salaried position, exempt from overtime
• Position is required to work weekends, and holidays, as needed
• Resume and Cover Letter are required with online application to be considered for this position
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Maintenance Manager – Year Round – Full Time – Craig, Colorado