Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Housepersons needed! We are looking for individuals who can work independently and help out the Housekeeping Team. If you like to work alone with minimal supervision and indoors, this job is a great fit for you!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Maintain cleanliness of hallways by removal of soiled linens and trash
• Train new houseperson on multiple houseperson duties
• Delivery of cribs or rollaways to guest rooms upon request
• Follow established health and safety procedures for using cleaning chemicals
• Responsible for stocking of all closets and housekeeping carts
• Deliver dirty linens to laundry room
• Clean and vacuum assigned area
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Basic knowledge and skills in a routine housekeeping work desirable
• Deal with people in a positive manner occasionally in stressful situations
• Handle heavy laundry and carts utilizing proper lifting methods
• Facilitate workflow for Houseperson area with minimum supervision
• Operate carpet machine, vacuum, etc.
• Work unscheduled hours
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards.
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• Lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis
• Push laundry carts
• Walk and stand for extended periods of time
• Must speak and understand English. Spanish a plus.
• This position is hourly and subject to overtime pay
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Houseperson – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Steamboat Springs, Colorado