Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
The Housekeeping Inspector is responsible for overseeing the work of the Housekeeping Attendants and ensuring it is done properly. The Inspector is required to have previous housekeeping experience so they can effectively evaluate the work. Please note: Applicants without previous housekeeping experience will not be considered.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Observe and be a role model of the standards of the Housekeeping department and Company
• Inspection of arrivals, turnovers, departures, return from out of order, pickups, and ready rooms
• Report training issues of the housekeepers to supervisors to insure quality work
• Replace inventory in units as needed
• Be consistent in checking and presentation of each unit
• Responsible for making sure your hallway(s) are cleaned daily by persons assigned to job
• Report all maintenance issues promptly and log for reference
• Report carpet stains for cleaning, clip carpet snags as required
• Complete TOTAL inventory of units, done twice a year
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Previous lodging housekeeping experience required
• Good knowledge and skills in routine housekeeping
• Good basic organizational skills and ability to direct and coordinate the work of others
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must lift up to 35 lbs. and push 75 lbs. on a regular basis
• Stand for long periods of time
• Must speak and understand English-Spanish a plus
• This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Housekeeping Inspector – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Steamboat Springs, Colorado