Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, access to employee housing (seasonal full time only), 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
The Steamboat Grand, located at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area, is looking for full-time housekeepers this summer! Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Clean floors, vacuum, sweep, dust, mop, wash, strip, wax, buff and shampoo carpets
• Wash windows, walls, tables, dust furniture, fixtures and woodwork
• Perform some routine inspection of electrical, heating and ventilating equipment
• Follow established health and safety procedures for using cleaning chemicals
• Strip and make the beds
• Use vacuum, mop and full bucket of water, and like equipment to clean
• Clean and stock bathrooms- wash tubs, shower walls, countertops, sinks and mirrors
• Clean and stock kitchens- clean refrigerator, stove, countertops, cupboards and put dishes away.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
• Basic knowledge and skills of routine housekeeping preferred
• Adhere to all safety policies
• Stay on task and organized
• Safely meet or exceed housekeeping cleaning standards
• Smile and greet guests in a consistent and friendly manner
• Maintain a friendly, cooperative and productive work environment
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• Continual lifting, standing, walking and pushing cart for long periods of time
• Lifting and carrying a minimum of 30 pounds such as trash and linen bundles
• This is an hourly paid position and is subject to overtime pay
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Housekeeper – Winter Seasonal – Full Time – Steamboat Springs, Colorado