Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account employer match as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Employment at the Steamboat Grand – Steamboat is an incredible place where western heritage mixes with outdoor adventure to create a friendly community. The role of the Hotel Guest Service Agent position is to welcome guests to Steamboat’s biggest convention center and hotel while assisting them no matter the question or issue.
This year-round position includes the following benefits:
• Health insurance including vision and dental
• Paid vacation/PTO
• Seasonal benefits of free skiing/riding at all Alterra Mountain Company Resorts and participating resorts of the Colorado Real Deal, dependant discounts
• Discounts at all Food & Beverage and Retail outlets
• On-site parking
• Discounted gym membership
If giving exceptional guest service while enjoying the great outdoors of Steamboat is your priority, please apply for Summer 2019!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Answer incoming telephone calls and operate a telephone switchboard proficiently
• Answer general information inquiries, email requests and book entire vacation packages for guests of the Steamboat Grand. Reservations packages may include air, lodging, lifts, activities, and travel insurance.
• Learn how to operate a reservation booking system as well as a property management system (PMS), Springer Miller Systems
• Perform the Check-In and Check-Out process for guests at Hotel Front Desk
• Learn various room types and make changes to reservations accordingly
• Handle group & conference reservation requests whenever necessary
• Book reservations for walk-in guests and provide information to guests about our resort and community
• Coordinate and facilitate guest needs and issues on a consistent basis
• Display proficiency to multi-task between various computer applications
• Perform other administrative duties, upon request
• Be part of a team that strives for exceptional sales performance, guest service and call quality
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporations’ Service Excellence Standards
• Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• Background in front desk, reservations, sales and/or the hospitality industry required
• Computer experience required with a specialization in a reservations or property management systems and Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Friendly, professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude required
• Self-motivated and dependable individual who will seek out additional tasks and duties during slower times
• Excellent sales and customer service skills are preferred
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Must read, write and communicate verbally in English in a clear and professional manner
• Must use a telephone headset for extended periods of time
• Expected to sit and input data into the computer while listening/talking to guests for extended periods of time
• Comfortable working in a noisy (vocal) environment
* Agents are scheduled for 32-40 hours per week depending on variable business levels.
• Will be asked to cover shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
Hotel Guest Service Agent – Year Round – Full time – Walden, Colorado